CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Perfect Day!

I had the absolute best birthday ever! The whole weekend was great which made my birthday even better!


My day started off great. I was having a good hair day, make up day, and outfit day. If you're a woman, you know how important that is. You want to feel good on your special day and I felt great. I made some killer coffee and headed off to church. I sing with our church every Sunday so I have to get there at 8 for rehearsal. If you're a singer, you know that early mornings are not always ideal for belting out tunes. I guess I was having a good voice day too because when I got there our leader decided to start off with the special I was singing. I got out the first few words and he stopped the band and me by saying, "Wait a minute. How can you sound that good this early in the morning? We'll have to start again - that through me off." I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. What a compliment!!! The day was getting better and better....


Josh had to play at another church so I had to spend the morning without him. He got a present for me and wanted to give it to me prior to my birthday. I was good for once and opted to wait until "the day". As I drove home I was trying to think of all the things that I thought he would have gotten me....I was way off but in a great way! He got me a gift card to Toni&Guy to get my hair colored. I'm so pumped! I have an appointment on Wednesday after work but I'm still not sure what I'll do. The results will be on a blog to come!


We had been up late the night before so we decided to take a nap so we could be rested up for our dinner at Cheesecake Factory. My mouth was already watering. We got up and left around 6:15. Trying to look cute, I put on these vintage hills that I found at a thrift store. They had no tread on the bottoms which made walking on slippery surfaces next to impossible. The first few steps in to Cheesecake would have been disastrous if it had not been for Josh's arm. Right away it was slippery city so the walk to the table, the bathroom, and then to leave was the hardest workout I've ever done. Our food was amazing and we shared a white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake for dessert. Delicious!!! We finished off the evening by going next door to get some magazines at Barnes & Noble.


Overall, I'd give my birthday an A+++

0 comments: